Monday, February 3, 2014

Healthy Body Image Challenge Day 9: "Food for the Soul"

In order to keep my body in good condition, I also need to take care of my soul. I need to be better about the spiritual side of my body. I need to remember to read my scriptures daily, meditate/ponder, pray, and serve others. I need to remember to think of more than just myself. I need to make my home a place where the spirit can dwell. Only allow in things that are good, virtuous, and beautiful.

It is important to create an environment that is soothing for the soul. When the soul is at peace, the body can be at it's best. It is important to remember to take care of my spirit. It is what can help me to overcome the natural man. The natural man can be what wants to take over and make choices that may not be so smart, but the spirit can override that. I'm grateful for the opportunity we have each month to realign our spiritual side with our bodies through fasting. It helps us to remember that we are in control and can make wise decisions.

No comments: