Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Healthy Body Image Challenge Day 11: "Good Healthy Fun"

Tonight for Young Women's we combined with the Young Men. We were going to go bowling, which is a normal activity, but we added a little bit of a twist. Stephanie, the second counselor, had the idea of drawing UNO cards before we bowled to tell us how we were going to bowl. Some of them were pretty hard such as bowling backwards; with your opposite hand; granny style; your choice; regular; slow; awesome approach; skip approach; awesome stance; etc.

It was so much fun and it was a little easy twist on a very common game. Yes, we may have looked a little bit silly, but we had fun and the Young Men and Women loved it! It was so much fun for them. We only have two girls in our program that are active, but they are so much fun. There are about 5 active Young Men and it was good to learn about their personalities. These youth are so strong and a great example of good that is still in the world. They are so clean, innocent, and just want to do what is right.

It was so fun to go and play as a kid again. My nickname that night was the "Great Turkey". (I was hoping it would be some luck for me to get 3 strikes in a row. Now 3 strikes, but I did get one strike and I think it was while bowling backwards. (I just threw it in between my legs). We did get to bowl regularly on our second turn, so we got a chance to redeem ourselves.

It's good to remember to let loose and have fun. I'm glad that even though I had a lot to do, I got the chance to go out and have some fun. That can be the best for your body. Also being around youth. They are so wonderful and fun to be around. It makes me remember that I have one of the best jobs in the world. It may be very trying at times, but it is very rewarding.

No comments: