Friday, February 7, 2014

Healthy Body Image Challenge Day 13: "Staying on Top of Your Health"

Yesterday, we found out that my Grandma Halliday was admitted to the hospital because she has pneumonia in both lungs. (Way worse than me). They gave her antibiotics and she was responding, but then the next day (today) the doctor said that she would get worn out working too hard so they put her on a ventilator. We are grateful for modern medicine, but we are also grateful that we have the chance to rely on the Lord more.

Staying on top of your health is a hard thing. It is like maintenance in a car. You have to constantly keep up on it so things don't break. Often times we forget how important our health is when we are healthy. We figure we will always be healthy, but then when we get sick, we remember how important our health really is.
I think that rest and taking breaks has really helped me to get better. I've also been eating healthier. We had most of the sweet potato and cauliflower soup tonight. Then some cottage cheese and fruit cocktail (in honor of my grandma, but for Thanksgiving we put it on sherbet and then put Sprite on it- not as healthy). It was really good. Of course we had the chocolate milk that Ryan had bought last night for 99 cents. :)

Even drinking water each day is a big thing. It wasn't until the end of the day when a headache was forming that I realized I had not had enough water. It truly is important to stay on top of things. It's like when I was talking about my teeth. I need to floss, brush, and use mouth wash each night. Retainers every now and then to keep straight teeth.

This especially pertains to spiritual and emotional health as well. We should be reading our scriptures each day and praying to our Heavenly Father. Emotional health - we need a release. A time to laugh and just let something go. It has been an emotional roller coaster the last few days. I had to take two girls to Skills which is in school time out. Then I had to deal with some girls that possibly wrote very bad things on the bathroom stall. It just takes a lot out of me to deal with things like that. It's hard to help be someone else's moral compass, but I still love my job.

I'm glad that my grandma is getting the help that she needs from the doctors and from family. I am grateful for family members that were able to also give her a priesthood blessing. She needs help from the Lord as well. I am grateful that we have the chance to pray for her as well. She is a hard working lady and she just needs to rest and relax. Get better Grandma! We love you so much!

No comments: