Tuesday, January 5, 2010

School Days become better when. . .

So, I am still here at school, despite my New Year's resolution to not stay past 5. First, I was supposed to be here until 7 because of an ESL class that I am taking, so Tuesday is the only day I should be here that late. Well, unbeknownst to my colleague and I, we didn't have class, so I thought, "Sweet, I can get a lot of stuff done in my classroom that I put off when I went home for the holidays and closed my classroom door not to return until a day before school resumed."

However, when I got to my classroom, I did other things, such as reading a little bit ahead of my students in "The Tale of Despereaux" (that is legitimate classwork since I need to read it with my students for Guided Reading), emailing my Christmas letter to family and friends that I did not have an address for, and then I got hooked on looking at my friend Erin's blog.

She is one that I can always count on to have some witty post on her blog. Well, the one for today got me hooked. It was a class posted at a school titled "How to Survive a Zombie Invasion." For Real?!? I laughed so hard. Please check out her blog just to see the details of it. Then I saw that she had posted all of her texts for the past year, 2009. I did not know she did this and found some of mine in the smattering of texts. I loved it. I even checked in January of 2009 to see if she had posted her 2008 texts, and she had. I was amused to find the one we still joke about today. I wrote "Hurry, they are eating all my candy." This was because we didn't realize children would actually trick or treat at our door, so I sent her to Allen's and she got whatever was left there.

The point of it is, I spent a long time looking at some of her posts, laughing my head off and just remembering good times. I may have needed that more than getting school work done because it was a long day. Or, I really should've been working instead. Either way, I'm still at school, but soon to be gone. Thanks Erin and thanks to everyone that posts and makes my day a little bit brighter.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

You are at school way too late! But... I can tell you one thing, you are being WAY more productive than me. :o)

erin said...

I am glad I generated some fun for you. :) Love ya!