Saturday, January 9, 2010

Freedom Run 2009 10K

I have run the Freedom Run the last 3 years. The first time, I ran the 10K, second time, I ran the 5K, but this time I wanted to run the 10K again. I had just run the Bridal Veil Falls 10K just a little over a month ago. My brother had just gone to EFY that week and my mother was in town, so she went to go pick him up so they could watch me run the race. I wasn't quite sure where they would be waiting, but I knew they would be there. I saw them only a little bit into the race. They were waiting for me near the top of the 900 East climb. They were on the corner where the BYU Law Library is and the Creamery on 9th. My brother wasn't really paying attention (lack of sleep from staying up every night at EFY), but my mom saw me right away. I saw them as well, and ran right next to them. My plan was to kiss my hand and place it on my brother's cheek, but the way he turned his head to see where I was, his surprise and the fact that I was running past him made it awkward and it looked like I slapped him. I at least wanted to run under an hour this time, to make up for the last run I was in, but I can't remember my time. If I do, I will post it later on.

2 comments:

Erin Masi said...

So glad you are blogging!! I'm excited to hear about all that goes on in your life!

Tracy said...

oo oo!! This is the ONE run I have actually done, twice! Sad I didn't see you this year, but I also only did the 5k. Maybe again this year? Maybe.