Monday, January 11, 2010

RAGNAR RELAY 2009 - Wasatch Back, Utah

Here was the race of the year. I had run in this race one time before, but not as an actual participant. It was more as a support. This time I was team captain and I was in charge of a group of 12. There are two vans with six people in each. I had one van be captained by my cousin Shane and his wife Shannon. They filled their van with people they knew. Then I was in charge of the other van and filled that with people I knew or they knew. They people I originally had in my van were Camilla Hodge, a friend and fellow ward member, and Elizabeth Cooper, a friend and companion from the mission field. I still was unable to find the last 3 members of our team until the last possible minute. 2 of them came from Camilla. One was her "cousin" Mark and he brought a friend of his Alyssa. Then my cousin Shane told me he knew a girl that really wanted to run and she was going to call me. Well, she never called and it was 6 am the day of the race. We were supposed to start at 10. Luckily, Paul came through and got work off for two days and came running with us. He was supposed to help by volunteering at one of the stations (I had tried to get him to run before), but it wasn't until I was desperate, he was able to bail us out.
This is a long one, so stay tuned, I'll add more later. :)

2 comments:

Tracy said...

You rock... don't know what else to say, but you rock.. seriously

whitty said...

Go RAGNAR! 24+ hours of pure insanity. And yet, we pay to do these things :)