Thursday, March 26, 2009

REX LEE RACES 2008 & 2009


So, I forgot to upload the pictures from the Rex Lee race last year, so I will do it along with this years photos. Last year, my family that resides in Utah came out to support me. My sisters Jonelle and Maren, along with my brother and his then girlfriend Leia (now wife), and grandparents waited in the stands for me to cross the finish line. My two little brothers, Trent and Eric, helped out from home by putting together a "pumping" playlist to help keep me motivated. The playlist consisted of:
1. "The Second Coming" by Juelz Santana & Just Blaze
2. "Anna Molly" by Incubus
3. "11h30" by Danger
4. "The Final Countdown" by Europe
5. "Seventeen Years" by Ratatat
6. "Remember the Name (Non-PA Version)" by Fort Minor (Featuring Styles of Beyond)
7. "Headstrong" by Trapt
8. "Rainy Monday" by Shiny Toy Guns

Here are some pictures from 2008:



The playlist was perfect and I used it for the first race completely and ended that one with a time of 28:03.

The second race I used most of it, but added "Stronger" by Kanye West into the mix.

Last year I ran the race by myself (5K) for my uncle Steve Hansen. This year, I ran for Steve again in the 5K and Paul ran the 10K trying to beat my last 10K (which he did, and he would've beat me in the 5K this year as well). It was a lot of fun, I could've pushed myself a little bit more, but all in all, I was only 1 minute slower than I was last year.

These are some fun pictures of Paul & I this year 2009. My time was 29:02, much better than I expected. Paul ran it in 51:04 which reached his goal of beating any of the 10K's I've run previously.

No comments: