Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wonderful Year

I was just looking at my last blog post (which was last July) and just knew I couldn't go a year without writing something. It has been a wonderful year. I finished my 3rd year of teaching 6th grade and it was so much fun. After finally getting everything settled, it seemed that I wasn't so stressed and I could actually relax and enjoy having fun with my students while teaching them. I really do enjoy teaching the subjects in 6th grade. I feel really lucky since I love Ancient Civilizations, Astronomy, Microbiology, Math and the fun books to read for this age. I FINALLY finished the Lightning Thief series and am hoping they won't stop with the first movie, but will finish them all. I loved it and it is fun for my students to read as well since it is what I teach about.

It has been a wonderful year being married to my wonderful husband Ryan. He is everything I could've hoped for and more. He is so wonderful to me and my family. I really appreciated how good he was to go out to California for my cousin Melanie's wedding to her now husband Dan. We also spent some good time with my grandma Pauline and grandpa Walker for their 60th wedding anniversary. He was so sweet to them. I am so glad that he is in my life and will be for ever and ever.

I again, hope to be better at writing and will write more about the past year later.

1 comment:

kara said...

So great to see you Saturday! Hope you guys had a fun 4th.