Wednesday, April 9, 2008

At the Beginning

So, I decided to go to the BYU indoor track last night and time my mile (not pushing it). I came up with a time of 09:05:58 (mm:ss:msms). Definitely not my best. I think I could run a 7 minute mile in high school, but that of course was when I was on the soccer and volleyball team. However, I am not discouraged. I have a ways to go, but I have lots of resources and I am going to start using them more often. For now, I am just going to work on getting into the habit of running consistently. I am going to go running outside today, probably 2 miles. I need to get back into the swing of things gradually, or I will injure myself and damper my progress.

2 comments:

lrbodine said...

I love your running blog! My dad signed me up for a race in Washington next month. It's a 10K but considering I am not in shape at all - it'll be a challenge. Oh and we need to talk more about Sedona. I read some reviews on it and it's not sounding too good. We might need to find a different race to run. I want to run one in December of this year of January/February of next year. And it would be fun to have a running partner to do it with! Especially since I think we would probably be good pacers for each other. I ran my half marathon in under 2 hours - right about 9 minute miles.

amy said...

you're amazing! you're a running maniac, holy cow! i need to be more like you.